Time is money - we've all heard it several times and it almost always has to do with business. When it comes to business networking this is also very true and your time is worth something; remember that, especially when considering joining a new networking group.
"finding the right networking group can be invaluable to your business"
Most of us don't have extra hours in our work day to waste, so before you fly out the door to another networking event, ask yourself a few simple questions -
1. What is your goal for networking within this particular group?
Your goal should be more than just meeting new people and getting your business card into more hands. There must be a specific need addressed, or a particular and beneficial set of people or topics that will help you reach your business goals. Some of your networking group goals may include:
- finding potential clients or partners for a joint venture
- finding connections with a particular set of skills, specific expertise
- finding opportunities for speaking engagements or casual after-work networking
- expanding your skills or knowledge base through peer-mentoring and/or workshops
Remember, quality versus quantity! A big group doesn’t necessarily lead to more referrals and revenues; but building quality relationships does!
2. Are there any requirements or costs associated with the networking group?
Many networking groups are fairly open, but some are not. As previously mentioned, quality is usually better than quantity and typically can be gauged by the the overall structure and preparedness by the organizer(s) or manager(s) that run the group . Highly relevant organization members who are highly engaged will make it a more valuable organization for you. Consider the following to be costs, in addition to any monetary requirements for membership and attendance:
- What actions need to be taken before you can become a member? For example: do you have to invite a certain amount of people, make a certain amount of referrals, or have a certain amount of one-on-one meetings with members or the leadership team?
- What are the requirements for attendance at meetings and special events and how often are each held? Is the networking group open to all or do they have industry exclusive members?
3. How involved do you want to be?
Quality, long-term business relationships take time to build.
For entrepreneurs, business owners and managers to make and keep relationships, you should be willing to commit to networking groups that fit with your goals. It doesn’t benefit to just pop-in, pass out and collect business cards and then never show up again. You have to be willing to take the time to cultivate these relationships as they'll grow over time. Also be ready and willing to participate and provide others with your expertise or at least offer to volunteer when necessary.
"Before you visit another networking group make sure you have clear goals and a purposeful networking strategy"
Do you want to join several organizations where you can come and go, or are you looking for one group you can grow with, get involved in and later become part of their leadership team? After setting your goals and determining the type of group you want to join, visit a few by reaching out to the leadership before deciding on the best one for you. The right networking group can be invaluable to the growth and success of your organization.Mark Fenix
AN IMMERSIVE MEDIA CAPTURE CAN DOUBLE THE INTEREST IN A BUSINESS
Interested customers that view an online business listing with a virtual tour or panoramic image are more likely to visit, refer and promote you. These high-resolution captures are also twice as likely to aid in conversion and other engagements (website clicks, phone calls, reviews and visits).
Customers among 18-34 year-olds in particular are 130% more likely to visit a website or retail store based on this key visual.
WHY IS THAT?
Well, part of it is basic Psychology - because you're making yourself familiar and available to your customers and more importantly since most searches are done on mobile devices your making the experience interactive and instantly memorable. With little thought or effort a person feels more connected to that location because they were able to feel as if they were standing in the space.
TWO OUT OF THREE PEOPLE WANT MORE VIRTUAL TOURS
Among people surveyed, 67% want more business listings to have immersive experiences including virtual tours or galleries.Invite People to Explore Your Business with 360 Photos. Photos are a great way to give potential customers a tour of your business and entice them to visit.
- Search Engine Business Listings (Google, Bing, Yelp)
- Retail Storefronts
- Specialty Boutiques
- Office Spaces
- Medical Offices and Examination Rooms
- Google Street View Exteriors
- Facebook 360 Business Gallery
- Real Estate Listings
- Virtual Tours and Walk-through
Examples of our 4K Capture in 360 degrees
Turn New Customers into Regulars with the SpotOn Loyalty Program
Build brand loyalty with SpotOn’s loyalty program. Our intuitive software solution makes it quick and easy to attract new customers and keep your regulars happy. In the world of small and medium businesses, a one-time customer is a lost opportunity. If you can manage to increase your customer retention rate by just 5%, your profits will increase anywhere from 25% to 95%. SpotOn makes it easy to do just that with our streamlined digital loyalty program. It’s your hi-tech solution to turning one-time visitors into loyal regulars, and accelerating revenue.
- Create rewards to encourage repeat visits from your customers
- Enroll customers into your loyalty program directly on our flagship payment processing hardware or on a dedicated loyalty “Kiosk” tablet, which we’ll provide for free
- Choose whether your customers earn loyalty Spots by visit or by how much they spend
- Streamline the check-out process with the flexibility of having customers check-in and redeem rewards using using their phone number, email address, the SpotOn consumer app, or a card
- Leverage the massive user base of shoppers already using the SpotOn consumer app to entice new customers to visit your business
NEXT Contact for Demo
SpotOn Dashboard Analytics
Harness data from customer transactions to forecast what marketing campaigns will work best for your business and view real-time sales data and analytics right from your SpotOn virtual dashboard.SpotOn is an all-in-one payment processing and customer engagement platform, but it’s not your typical software suite of disjointed apps. Rather, it is a fully integrated system that takes the guesswork out of marketing by connecting customers to their transaction data and marketing campaigns, giving you a definitive ROI for your marketing efforts.
- View hourly, daily, monthly, and yearly sales trends to gauge business performance and create targeted marketing campaigns
- Compare sales data across any point in time to gauge growth over time
- Track the success of your marketing campaigns with built-in metrics that are intuitive and easy to understand
- View active deals, redemptions, and stats on recent emails and upcoming campaigns
- See the number of review requests sent on your behalf, and when
new reviews are posted
SpotOn Review Monitoring Made Easy
What Are Customers Saying About Your Business? SpotON software monitors your online reputation and improve it by turning your best customers into your best marketers.Did you know that more than 90% of consumers read online reviews before visiting a business? Too many negative reviews—or worse, no reviews—can mean the difference between a thriving business and declining business. With so much at stake as a business owner, you can’t afford to leave your online reputation to chance. Thanks to SpotOn, you don’t have to. Our online review management software makes it easy to not only monitor your reputation, but improve it.
- Monitor all of your online reviews in one place, along with your metascore (your average score from all review sites)
- Boost your overall ratings with our built-in algorithm that identifies your top customers and prompts them to leave reviews at just the right time
- Get automated alerts when new reviews are posted
- Climb higher in the search rankings for your type of business as
the number of your reviews grows
SpotOn allows merchants to engage customers quickly and effectively with targeted campaigns through social media, email, and mobile alerts. More Customers. Less Effort.
- Import your existing customer list and continue to grow it as your SpotOn platform creates multiple opportunities to collect customer email addresses
- Communicate with your customers where they’re most receptive, including via email, Facebook, Twitter, and mobile alerts
- Create marketing messages quickly and easily with the platform’s built-in campaign wizard
- Send your customers time-sensitive deals to prompt new visits
- Save time with automated campaigns to trigger visits from different segments of customers, including new visitors, your best customers, and customers who haven't visited in a while
SpotOn All-In-One Payment and Marketing Solution
By partnering with SpotOn to process payments, you’ll be well on your way to saving money for your business with our industry low rates, but that’s not all. You’ll also get your choice of payment processing terminal and an all-in-one platform that connects your customers to transaction data so you can create targeted marketing campaigns like never before.
- Pay one low monthly platform fee, never hidden “junk” fees like batch fees, PCI fees, and statement fees
- Save money with low credit processing rates—SpotOn will beat any competitor’s rates
- Choose the payment processing terminal that fits your business
- Leverage transaction data, which is seamlessly integrated into the platform’s marketing tools
- Mix and match the built-in Core marketing tools to engage your
customers and grow revenue
SpotOn Business Solutions
SpotOn is the smartest payment processing solution for small and medium businesses. By combining payment processing with powerful marketing software, we’ve created an end-to-end platform that allows our merchants to collect customer data during the checkout process and then use that data to foster meaningful relationships with their customers. The end result is that we empower small businesses with the tools they need to accelerate their revenue growth.
The 3 Questions to Ask Before Joining a Business Networking Group
7 Jan, 2019
SpotOn Versus Clover: There’s No Comparison
1 Jun, 2018
What Are the Best Times to Post on Social Media
1 May, 2018
SpotOn Versus Square: There’s No Comparison
1 Apr, 2018
How to Pick a POS for your Small Business Payments
1 Mar, 2018
SpotOn Retail Immersive Digital Media
7 Jan, 2018
SpotON Customer Loyalty and Rewards Program
6 Jan, 2018